What Do We Do?
FOLGR is involved in many projects, small and large, that help conserve and protect the water resources of the Greenbrier River watershed. To learn more about our specific programs listed below, click the appropriate tab on the right.
- A watershed education program at the Greenbrier Academy for Girls and Eastern Greenbrier Middle School
- Enviroscape demonstrations
- Alderson Elementary School Demonstrative Rain Garden and Pollinator curriculum
- Facilitates Project WET workshops
- Muddy Creek watershed improvement project (including our SEPTIC SYSTEM program)
- Water Monitoring: Muddy Creek and Lower Greenbrier River
- Educational and recreational one-time events: Mussel and Macroinvertebrate workshops, etc.
- Create informative reading material
- Invasive Species Clean-ups
- Annual Beautification Clean-ups via roadside or riverside
- Maintain the Greenbrier Geocache Trail
- Google earth: If you do not already have Google earth on your computer follow the instructions on this page to download the program. After the program is installed, click here to download the FOLGR map layers.
- 3-D Map Model Creation