What Do We Do?
FOLGR is involved in many projects, small and large, that help conserve and protect the water resources of the Greenbrier River watershed. To learn more about our specific programs listed below, click the appropriate tab on the right.
- A watershed education program at the Greenbrier Academy and the Greenbrier Episcopal School
- Enviroscape demonstrations
- Facilitates Project WET workshops
- Muddy Creek watershed improvement project (including our SEPTIC SYSTEM program)
- Water Monitoring: Muddy Creek and Lower Greenbrier River
- Educational and recreational one-time events: Mussel and Macroinvertebrate workshops, etc.
- Create informative reading material
- Invasive Species Clean-ups
- Annual Beautification Clean-ups via roadside or riverside
- Maintain the Greenbrier Geocache Trail
- NEW! FOLGR now has information on Google earth! If you do not already have Google earth on your computer follow the instructions on this page to download the program. After the program is installed, click here to dowload the FOLGR map layers. Once the map layer file is dowloaded you can double click to open it. Google earth will automatically zoom in on the FOLGR area and show water testing sites and boat launches along the river. You can click on a test site and read all the information gathered from that site!
- 3-D Map Model Creation